CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Co-Sleeping?

So there are plenty of "professionals" out there that are against co-sleeping (and end up contradicting themselves saying that co-sleeping is ok for the first 6 weeks of life). Co-Sleeping is one of the causes of SIDS, being that there's the possibility of you rolling over on your little one and suffocating them. Personally...why put your child in the bed with you if you know you're that type of sleeper. If you know for a fact that you're usually all over the bed at night....it's pure common sense.

Anyway, I have been co-sleeping with Bryce since the day he was born. Mainly because we were in the process of moving within 3 weeks after his birth and there was loads of clothes and crap inside his crib. Another reason being that I'm lazy. It's so much easier just rolling over, tossing him the boob (I breastfeed) and fall back asleep. I mastered the art of feeding while laying down within the first week. If you breastfeed and don't know what I'm talking about...try it. It will save your life and get you extra zzzz's at night.

I've tried several unsuccessful times to wean him into his crib. But...because of my own unsecurities (and laziness)...it has yet to work. Well...I started trying again last night. We did our usual bed routine. Fed him rice cereal (he started on rice cereal around April 18th or so), bath time, every other day he gets a lotion massage, then it's either tv or story time for 10 minutes, feeds from the breast and after that BED.

Last night wasn't too bed. After I laid him in his bed he slept for about 30 minutes and woke up. The method I'm using to to just leave him in his crib. Even if he cries, I'll offer the pacifier, lay my hand on his belly and just comfort him until he settles down. I DON'T PICK HIM UP.  He whined off and on until it was feeding time again (smh). So I fed him as usual, laid him back down..and he fell asleep this time. He did wake up once but after I gave him his paci and relaxed him he fell back asleep.

I ended up going to bed myself around 2am..his feeding was supposed to be at 3am....being that I was so exhausted...I have NO idea what time I woke up to get Bryce and feed him. All I know is I woke up this morning around 7am wondering how the hell he got in my bed lol. I don't remember hearing him cry, nothing. Just that I laid down at 2am and woke up at 7am very confused lol.

We'll try it again tonight, and tomorrow and every night from here on out. I know both he and I will sleep more peacefully if we don't have each other rolling over and disturbing each other at night. Wish me luck that he takes to it quickly.

I had to deal with this every time I wanted to get into MY bed. lol

0 comments: